• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aid of Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prplegal

What is the name of your state? PA

I have a judgement against me from Beneficial for an unsecured loan. Twice my bank accounts have been garnished. I filed for my $300 debtors exemption and spoke with the judge about trying to work out a payment arrangment, he instructed the atty representing the plantiff to "work something out" with me. Great Judge, didn't make me feel like a loser, just a person in debt.

Here we are a month later I've called them and emailed the atty's office several times trying to talk to someone to set up a suitable payment arrangment. I've not had any contact from them except for an Interrogatories In Aid of Execution, I recv'd in the mail.

What's happening? Let me rephrase that.. I know that they are trying to collect their money, and rightfully so. My question would be, are they going to show up at my door with a sheriff and start red tagging my furniture, or is there some court process to do this?

Thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

Q: My question would be, are they going to show up at my door with a sheriff and start red tagging my furniture, or is there some court process to do this?

A: You have already been through the court process. So, yes, they may be showing up at your door.

By the way, the judge is not in the financing business and will not get involved in you making arrangements with the lender.

prplegal

Execution

Thanks for your reply, once again Judge.

I understand the Judge has no interest in being a financial adviser, I was just very nervous about going to court and he was compassionate and respectful and I appreciated that.

The interrogatory is to be answered within 30 days. Much chances of them showing up before that.. ?

Is this a common practice? Seizing a television or my childrens bikes? Curious?

Debt Guy

While it is possible, creditors generally have no interest in used furniture. They can only sell it for garage sale value unless you own some sort of antique that has a unique value.

More likely, they are looking for other bank accounts and "hard" assets -- stocks, bonds, jewelry, cars, yachts, airplanes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">