• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airbnb booking.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

It is possible that a neighbor could complain to the police about noise coming from your Airbnb or about activities participated in by your guests. Then all attempts by you to keep your activities private will be for naught. Once the police are involved, there is no telling what will happen.

If you don’t do anything illegal or let your guests do anything illegal, you can reduce your worries. It also will help for you to have insurance enough to cover your guests should anything unexpected happen to them while you are hosting.

cali3365

It is possible that a neighbor could complain to the police about noise coming from your Airbnb or about activities participated in by your guests. Then all attempts by you to keep your activities private will be for naught. Once the police are involved, there is no telling what will happen.

If you don’t do anything illegal or let your guests do anything illegal, you can reduce your worries. It also will help for you to have insurance enough to cover your guests should anything unexpected happen to them while you are hosting.
Where will I find said insurance? Any idea how much that’ll cost.

quincy

Where will I find said insurance? Any idea how much that’ll cost.
You can ask your insurance agent about “event” insurance to cover the time you will be hosting. The cost will vary according to specifics and from insurance agency to insurance agency.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can ask your insurance agent about “event” insurance to cover the time you will be hosting. The cost will vary according to specifics and from insurance agency to insurance agency.
Considering that there's no way in hell an AirBnB provider would sanction an "event" that would require such insurance, and considering that any sane AirBnB provider would have a restriction on any illegal activity as a part of their contract, I'm pretty confident that the OP won't be able to obtain such insurance.

quincy

Considering that there's no way in hell an AirBnB provider would sanction an "event" that would require such insurance, and considering that any sane AirBnB provider would have a restriction on any illegal activity as a part of their contract, I'm pretty confident that the OP won't be able to obtain such insurance.
The insurance would not be to cover illegal acts or actions but rather to cover any property damage or injuries to the personal guests of the host. cali3365 can ask his/her insurer what additional insurance would be wise to have for the days that cali3365 will be playing host. I call it “event” insurance. There could be a different name. Event insurance, however, can cover both small and large gatherings. Most include insurance to cover liquor liability.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">