• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alabama CS termination advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bpace07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL.

My youngest child will be 19 in Feb, 09.
I want to file an "Affidavit for termination of withholding order for support".
I think I have the proper form (CS-44) to fill out but I am not sure how to fill it out properly. Are there instructions online for AL.?

Also, how far ahead of time is a good time to file?

I have read the plaintiff (my ex) cannot file for an extension after the childs' 19th Birthday, so would it be wise to wait until after that?

Thanks,
BP

bpace07

<b>TheGeekess</b>
"ETA: How hard is it to fill in the blanks? "

Its not hard to fill in the blanks if you know all of the legal jargon that they expect you to enter into it.
If I was a lawyer and knew all of that stuff then I wouldnt be posting a question on this "freeadvice" forum now would I ???:confused:

Go to this site http://eforms.alacourt.gov/
Enter termination in the search box, open the 3rd document from the top.
On line 3, what should be entered in the 2nd blank?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
<b>TheGeekess</b>
"ETA: How hard is it to fill in the blanks? "

Its not hard to fill in the blanks if you know all of the legal jargon that they expect you to enter into it.
If I was a lawyer and knew all of that stuff then I wouldnt be posting a question on this "freeadvice" forum now would I ???:confused:

Go to this site http://eforms.alacourt.gov/
Enter termination in the search box, open the 3rd document from the top.
On line 3, what should be entered in the 2nd blank?
Why don't you pull out your CS order and see whose name goes where? :rolleyes: You're the one trying to fill this out. And I've posted that link so many times on this site that it's not funny. :rolleyes:

If you can't get that far, then you have bigger issues than I ever will. Once the plaintiff, always the plaintiff in Support/Custody issues. So, you have got a (correct) answer, you rude little man. Next time you ask for help, you can keep your attitude. :rolleyes:

bpace07

Jerkess,

I have it all figured out now NO thanks to you. I wont be needing your "help".

Had you looked at the form I mentioned you might have been able to figure out what I was referring to. It had NOTHING to do with the plaintiff. That was NOT the part I was asking about, if all you can give is smart azzed answers I'd preffer not having your input.

I didnt ask for YOUR help, next time you offer "help" you can keep your smart azzed replies, you rude, arrogant BIG girl !

Mods, Please terminate my account here. I will not be returning.

ljoycl

on the other side

Ok I may not be on the right side here. Not sure if this is a child support payers sight but I have a question and you guys seem to be the best ones to answer it.

My daughter is 19 and still in high school. She graduates in June. I fully expected my husband to stop paying child support at the end of the school year. However, I did not expect on the first payment after her 19th birthday. Dose he still have a responsibility to pay until she graduates from high school?

CourtClerk

Ok I may not be on the right side here. Not sure if this is a child support payers sight but I have a question and you guys seem to be the best ones to answer it.
This is a legal advice not a child support site at all. Don't know if you noticed that at all...
My daughter is 19 and still in high school. She graduates in June. I fully expected my husband to stop paying child support at the end of the school year. However, I did not expect on the first payment after her 19th birthday. Dose he still have a responsibility to pay until she graduates from high school?
You don't hijack a thread, you start a new one with your own question. Then you get your own answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">