• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony/Spousal Support, Child Support enforcement in TX from another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Under the Radar Member
Sorry - missed that you'd filed. Just present things matter-of-factly. Present records of the expenses accrued for your child prior to Dad's walking vs since (he'll argue that you're inflating the costs just to "get him"). Additionally, provide documentation of what type of work you are qualified for, as well as wages for your area. Do also provide reasonable cost estimates for your son, both while you work and for respite care so you can get some downtime. Can your child attend public school, or do his needs require something more specialized?

One thing you should give consideration to is requesting post-majority support if your son is un.ikely to be self-supporting as an adult.

You should also realize that, once Dad & g/f realize he WILL be paying support, he will want parenting time. Present something fair, considering the distance & your child's travel abilities. Dad should be paying the transportation as he created the distance. That may be offset from CS.

Thank you all. I am so worried he’s going to not pay whatever is ordered. I will do anything to support our child. I’ve cleaned houses before and I can do that if all else fails but what worries me the most is the time I will need to take off to take child to constant medical appointments, it’s really constant. No employer will hire me if I need so much time off right from the start and consistently each month. Keeping track of appointments, medication, therapy twice a week, etc, is a job in itself. I am in a bind. I have contacted the local org that deals with respite care and help with such things and there is a long wait list. We are on the list but they don’t know when they will be able to provide services and what services they will be able to provide. No school due to the virus in our area. I have an older computer (2015) and it’s a slow running dinosaur and I have no computer skills, working from home would be not so great.

Child is on heavy medication to suppress the immune system and doc said no travel at this time. Dad hasn’t requested that though.


Obvious Observer
You can freeze your credit so that he can't open new lines with your name on them. You will need to call each of the three major credit bureaus:
Equifax (1-800-349-9960)
TransUnion (1-888-909-8872)
Experian (1-888-397-3742)

If you request a credit freeze, be sure to pick a password you can remember or store it somewhere safe, because you will need it to open a new line of credit for yourself.
And make sure it's one that the STBX cannot guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential