• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Florida

A friend of mine is about to go through a divorce and his soon to be ex wife is telling him that he legally has to pay her "Trnsition Pay". Whta is this and is he required to pay her? He is paying over the state guidelines for child support and she told him that he will have to pay her more. Can she make him pay over the state guidelines (he is carrying insurance on the child). Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential