• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Allstate Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RoadKingGEE

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have made three attempts to settle a claim with Allstate insurance, and they now want to have me meet with their attorney for a personal statement. They say they they need a photo I.D. and want to photograph me. Why would this be? I know of no reason for them to photogragh me.:confused:

H

hexeliebe

contact them and tell them you will be hiring an attorney and that you will have your attoney contact them for any future actions in your behalf.

NEVER deal with an insurance attorney without representation, even if you think you're getting a fair deal.

T

troyaaron444

allstate are crooks

I had a fire at my house a year and a half ago, after three examinations under oath and having my life picked over with a fine toothed comb. They denied my claim saying I concealed or misrepresented material facts. They paid for the structure to get the house repaired because of the vested interest of the bank that financed me, but denied coverage of my contents. They figured they would lose to the big money in the banks but it is okay to screw the little guy who has been paying the premuims for 10 years. Where is the ethics and correctness in that. How can these guys get away with this? I would get a attorney before any deposition were to happen and pray that they don't drag there feet to no tomorrow like what they did to me. Good luck and don't forget to pass on the word "you're not in good hands with allstate".:confused:

B

BennyDi

RoadKingGEE said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have made three attempts to settle a claim with Allstate insurance, and they now want to have me meet with their attorney for a personal statement. They say they they need a photo I.D. and want to photograph me. Why would this be? I know of no reason for them to photogragh me.:confused:

What type of a claim did you submit? Was there some type of personal injury involved? Seems strange to me.

I agree with the response from hexeliebe....hire an attorney and let him/her handle it.

tammy8

Personal statements are standard with any insurance company. AS a matter fact it is part of the insurance law in most states (to protect you the claimant). Photo ID...to prove you are who you say you are. A lot of fraud out there that costs us ALL big premiums. I see the trend of the"big #" Allstate, Nationwide, State Farm cracking down on fraud.

If you are who you say you are, what is the big deal????????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">