• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ALOHA...Arbitration Fun...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hawaiianmark

Aloha again. Just a note on the continuing saga of the "dumb" pro se vs. the evil lawyer in paradise. The stage has been set and the hearing date is just around the corner in August. Met with the Arbitrator a day ago to set the guidelines for witnesses and the like, deadlines and what not. Seems like my adversary is trying the intimidation route now, by going for deposition of school records and police records. Which (ta da!) show nothing to fact that my son was involved in the destruction of his car. The police records also show a officers estimate of damages to 2 windows @ $1000, contrdicting his opening setllement offer and claim that the car was wasted to a unoperable state, his est. was $4500++++, I guess when you charge by the hour, you make the facts up too! Other family being sued has done no homework, are defending themselves allready, and basically look like fools...In the meeting we were asked if we had any questions, and I had a few, most were simple, but I wanted to know if I had to defend myself only on the statute named in the complaint, when I asked this, old lawyer boy OBJECTED to my asking the Arb. for legal advice, with out stopping the Arb. said I will answer it as he is representing himself and this is a question of clarification. Score: Hawaiianmark 1, Lawyerdad 0. Neddless to say he was not a happy member of the bar. Any how, hope to send him to the hawaii board of disciplinary counsel for a waste of time suit after all is done, not sue him back but give him a taste of his OWN medicine from his own kind...Aloha and best wishes to all looking for the truth. Remember TRUTH NEVER DAMAGES A CAUSE THAT IS JUST.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">