• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altering a prescription & identify theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

IF OP keeps talking or the police add up her comments about seeking to buy the stuff for a "friend" they might just add intent to distribute to the charges .

OP, Get counsel.

PayrollHRGuy

Yep, I'm going with the last version.

The prescription did have my name. What I meant was to fill the prescription and give it to my friend.

I did not give up my friend. The police know I was filling the prescription to give to a friend.

quincy

I am curious how the police knew the prescription was for the friend. ?

The attorney magus speaks to should be able to sort fact from fiction. I hope magus is honest with the attorney.

justalayman

Sorry for my wording. The prescription did have my name. What I meant was to fill the prescription and give it to my friend.

Well, that’s illegal too.

But how did your friend give you a prescription with your name on it? Remember you said your friend gave you the prescription to fill?

You posted;

I was asked by a friend to fill a prescription for them with a script they would supply to me.

quincy

magus might be testing out different stories here to see how they fly.

If that is the case, magus has not yet come up with a version that makes her not guilty of one or more crimes.

justalayman

magus might be testing out different stories here to see how they fly.

If that is the case, magus has not yet come up with a version that makes her not guilty of one or more crimes.
That’s probably because in reality magus is likely guilty. There is one way magus could be nkt guiktg;

Magus recieved a prescription form his/her doctors. Magus took the unaltered prescription to the pharmacy to purchase the meds for his or her personal use and distributed none to any other party.

Anything else involves a crime.

quincy

That’s probably because in reality magus is likely guilty. There is one way magus could be nkt guiktg;

Magus recieved a prescription form his/her doctors. Magus took the unaltered prescription to the pharmacy to purchase the meds for his or her personal use and distributed none to any other party.

Anything else involves a crime.
I am interested in hearing how magus could be "nkt guiktg." :)

magus a

Sorry if i am confusing everyone.

A friend asked me if they gave me a script that is written to me, if I would fill it and then give the medication to them. I said I would without thinking any about it. My mistake, obviously. Since the quantity was not filled in on the script, the pharmacist will need to call the prescribing doctor. Well, then I guess the doctor had no record of me as a patient and call LE. The local PD came to my home to question me. On their second visit they showed me video surveillance of me entering the pharmacy and handing the script over. At that time, I did admit that was me.

Hopefully this make the picture clearer.

quincy

A friend asked me if they gave me a script that is written to me, if I would fill it and then give the medication to them. I said I would without thinking any about it. My mistake, obviously. Since the quantity was not filled in on the script, the pharmacist will need to call the prescribing doctor. Well, then I guess the doctor had no record of me as a patient and call LE. The local PD came to my home to question me. On their second visit they showed me video surveillance of me entering the pharmacy and handing the script over. At that time, I did admit that was me.

How did the police learn about your friend and that you were planning to give the filled prescription to this friend?

You need an attorney in your area. The charges filed against you are serious.

Good luck.

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

So you took a prescription from a written by a doctor who you had never seen, knowing that it wasn't actually written to you and tried to fill i with further intention of then giving the drugs to your friend.

If, has been suggested, you are trying to come up with a story that the court will think you did no wrong you have still not succeeded. In fact, you have admitted to a another crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">