• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Always Grateful for the advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jay_Mc

Lawrat, IAAL, Tracey, & anyone else...

First of all I want to thank you for the insight and knowlegde that you share. It is of great service and generosity that you guys and gals give up some of your valuable time for us. I just hop I am not a burdon.

IF you guys are all familiar with "In pain in hearache in VA" Mutual physial altercation with female roomate, accusations of sexual harassment etc. then this is just a follow up question to that scenario.

I have not been charged with any crime, but spoken to a local lawyer in order to brace myself for any possibility. Just trying to save up $1500 for the retainer if I ever it.

Here's where It stands so far:

Most people say that she hasn't pressed charges yet bcause she is "blowing smoke" or "talking crap." But she can do so anytime she pleases. And I face up to 12 months and $1000 on each charge she alledges.
The lawyer even thinks that she is just trying to use me and the situation to play victim. I still have a fear that coincedental holes in walls are being used to claim me as a "peepint tom"

Questions that I have are:
Would the fact that she is prescribed to mind altering drugs (antidepressants- Zoloft) go againt her?

A question that most people ask me is Could you see anything? Well I never looked before I filled in the holes, but recently I(with other roommates as witness) measured the position of the holes and the angle of seperation tht they are off is about 45-60 degrees and if anything is visable at all would be another wall. Should I go through processes of documenting these measurements on film as I plan?

Or should I go one step further and bring in a law enforcement officer witness and or lawyer to redrill these holes and see if anything is visible and witness the possibility of the holes being there intentionally to spy on this roommate? I never looked through the hole, so This could back fire if there is something visible, or it does look intentional. The fact is I truely do not know what can or can not be seen.

Is there a scenario that would work best?

J

Jay_Mc

Man I really ned to Proof read before I click post. :) Sorry for so many typos

T

Tracey

Jay, it's time to borrow the serenity prayer from AA: whether or not she files charges is a "thing you cannot control." Acknowledge the possibility but don't worry about it! Frankly, I doubt the DA would bring the case at all. However if it will comfort you, go ahead an document the positions of the holes before you have changed anything or made it difficult to reconstruct. Videotape someone else measuring the holes' heights and lodations. Double check your calculations, get an affidvit from the measurer, stick it all in a drawer and FORGET ABOUT IT!!

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">