• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I able to opt out of drug court and use my first offenders to take regular probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

True, and the dealers also know this, hence the carrying of only enough drugs, or in this case an assortment of drugs to avoid such a charge.
So ... drug dealers know the laws and use them to their advantage. That makes them smarter than most would give them credit for being.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know a corrections officer (prison guard). From the stories he tells, criminals are VERY smart intelligent, frightfully smart intelligent even. If they would apply those smarts that intelligence to legal pursuits, they (and the world) would be infinitely better off.

Last edited:

Just Blue

I know a corrections officer (prison guard). From the stories he tells, criminals are VERY smart, frightfully smart even. If they would apply those smarts to legal pursuits, they (and the world) would be infinitely better off.
Apparently none of the criminals that your buddy know has ever posted here. ;)

PayrollHRGuy

I don't know that smart is the word I'd use for criminals in prison. If they were so smart they wouldn't have gotten caught.

commentator

They are folks who have chosen perhaps by circumstances or situation, to use what general intelligence they have to figure out ways to go around a system they do not feel is on their side, somehow. Smart or dumb has everything to do with the world you want to function in. I am pretty smart in some places, would be really dumb in others. Same with the corrections system. Some people do better than others due to using what smarts they have to function in the world they live in. Not carrying a lot of drugs on your person, or a variety of them is basic 101. They learn it before they finish middle school.

But this OP is a stupid OP, because if he was very smart, whether or not it was convenient to him, he'd go to drug court, listen to those" little 30 year olds who never did a drug in their lives", enjoy the experience and let it be what keeps his sorry butt out of jail for now. If he is, as he said, active in AA and has a decent sponsor, they'll be going after his snotty superior attitude soon anyhow.

Last edited:
Roboputnam, were you able to get the transfer?
Yes, it wasn't complicated at all. Just a simple matter of asking the judge and their coordinators. Transferred phase credit and community service of the process I've already completed. Really happy to be in my own county. Thanks for all your help everyone, minus mr. DEA bigshot know it all.

quincy

Yes, it wasn't complicated at all. Just a simple matter of asking the judge and their coordinators. Transferred phase credit and community service of the process I've already completed. Really happy to be in my own county. Thanks for all your help everyone, minus mr. DEA bigshot know it all.
Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that your request for transfer was approved, especially if this makes it easier for you to complete all terms of the drug program.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">