• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I able to pursue Child Support if child not in home with custodial parent??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missbenz10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Am I able to pursue child support if I currently do not have PHYSICAL custody of my child but I DO have an open child support case with the attorney general? I have temporary orders naming me as the custodial parent but my child currently lives with dad because Child Protective Services took her out of the home. If you need more info, just ask!

Silverplum

I don't need to ask questions.

I just read your posts -- as everyone ought -- and then I know what to do.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Am I able to pursue child support if I currently do not have PHYSICAL custody of my child but I DO have an open child support case with the attorney general? I have temporary orders naming me as the custodial parent but my child currently lives with dad because Child Protective Services took her out of the home. If you need more info, just ask!

cyjeff

Darn those CPS folks... they will take a kid out of a home just because you refuse to take a drug test.

ecmst12

If you are not supporting the child, why do you think you should get child support? You should actually be PAYING child support to the parent who is actually supporting your child.

missbenz10

well let me clarify my goal, I am getting her back very soon and I just want to get the ball rolling on the child support process. I am unfamiliar with how long it takes for payments to take effect and so I would like for them to begin soon after she is back home with me....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">