• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I allowed to pay myself back now that I am trustee from the former trustee that stole my inheritance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

I think involving two attorneys is serious overkill at this point. I also think that getting a forensic accountant involved is overkill at this point. All of that could possibly be necessary in the future but at this point it would be throwing good money after bad.

What the OP needs right now is a consult with an estate/probate attorney to understand what can and cannot be done, and then he needs to make decisions from there.
$100k embezzled from trust that he is now the trustee for? He has got to account for that money.
We only know of two beneficiaries, but I'm willing to bet there are more.

With the money involved, I default to being more careful than less. The cost of consulting/hiring a personal attorney is negligible compared to the money involved.

TD

LdiJ

$100k embezzled from trust that he is now the trustee for? He has got to account for that money.
We only know of two beneficiaries, but I'm willing to bet there are more.

With the money involved, I default to being more careful than less. The cost of consulting/hiring a personal attorney is negligible compared to the money involved.

TD
I am telling him to consult with an attorney. You are telling him to hire all kinds of professionals when he hasn't consulted with an attorney yet.

HRZ

SO far we are also flying blind as to if the enbezlement or sticky fingers was from estate or from trust ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">