• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being over charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slimi

What is the name of your state Florida
I have signed a contract with a company who is going to represent my idea and make a sample product to a corporation.(hoping they will want it)
I have paid them hundreds of dollars so far just for them to take the idea and offer me their services for another payment of over $10,000 to get it started like make a software in order to represent it to the corporation. The produt itsel is going to be made out of inexpensive material since it is a small cover of an item(some plastic or the sort) I just feel I'm being ripped off,I would like to know if anyone have any experience or knowledge of this I realy need advice.
BTW they do work with you on the payments,small installments or what fits the customer
I will get an attorney if I can pay when I get profits.
Thank you.What is the name of your state?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state Florida
I have signed a contract with a company who is going to represent my idea and make a sample product to a corporation.(hoping they will want it)
I have paid them hundreds of dollars so far just for them to take the idea and offer me their services for another payment of over $10,000 to get it started like make a software in order to represent it to the corporation. The produt itsel is going to be made out of inexpensive material since it is a small cover of an item(some plastic or the sort) I just feel I'm being ripped off,I would like to know if anyone have any experience or knowledge of this I realy need advice.
BTW they do work with you on the payments,small installments or what fits the customer
I will get an attorney if I can pay when I get profits.
Thank you.What is the name of your state?
If you are working with ANY invention help group, or inventor marketing group, etc., the answer is almost certainly YES, you are getting ripped off. For far less (in most cases) than $10K, you can get a patent applied for, and get an actual professional to help you. Chances are, without even knowing who you are working with, I can predict that, for you $10K, you will get nothing more than (1) a provisional patent application (maybe), which a lawyer could write up and file for 10% of that price in some cases, and (2) some generalized marketing materials.

If your product was that good, and that likely to make money, they would be paying YOU to work with them.

Stop working with them, and find a local patent attorney or agent in your area that is experienced with working with solo inventors like yourself, that is the best advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">