• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being screwed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris4chris

What is the name of your state? Colorado. My question is, the employer I worked for owns a franchise, and when a check I accepted bounced, required that I pay for the check, a total of $340. His reasoning was that we had a check machine to ok the check, I didn't use it, so I must pay the amount due him by the customer who wrote the bad check. The customer later filed for bankruptcy, making it all but impossible to recover such a 'small' amount. Not small to me. Does he have the right to do this? Or am I simply out 2 days worth of work that I spent away from my wife and kids to cover 'his' business risk?

Debt Guy

Q. am I simply out 2 days worth of work that I spent away from my wife and kids to cover 'his' business risk?

A. No. You are out 2 days of pay for not following instructions and doing what you were told.

It you don't like the job and the rules, go somewhere else (but don't come to work for me).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">