• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i doing the right thing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willfox

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedohio
OKAY I AM NOT SURE IF I AM IN THE RIGHT FORUM BUT I NEED SOME HELP. I AM MARRIED AND I HAD AN AFFAIR A YEAR AGO AND IT PRODUCED A CHILD. MY HUSBAND IS ACCEPTING THE CHILD AS HIS OWN AND THE FATHER OF THE CHILD DOES NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM. A WEEK AGO I WENT TO CHILD SUPPORT AND HAD THEM START THE PROCESS BECAUSE I FELT THAT THE FATHER SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS CHILD. I ALSO TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULD BE GETTING PAPERS SOON AND HE SAID THAT HE WANTED TO MAKE A DEAL. HE WANTS TO GET A LIFE INSURANCE POLICY OUT FOR OUR SON AND ME SO THAT I WON'T TELL HIS WIFE. BECAUSE HE IS ALSO MARRIED TOO. I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE THING BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IT. I HAVE STOPPED THE CHILD SUPPORT AND NOW I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER ITS WORTH IT TO GO FOR A $100,000 LIFE INSURANCE OR TO GO AHEAD WITH CHILD SUPPORT. MY HUSBAND DOES KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT IT GOING ON. AND THE MAN THAT I HAD A AFFAIR WITH DOES KNOW THIS. I AM JUST WORRIED ABOUT PROBLEMS I COULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH IN THE FUTURE WITH THE LIFE INSURANCE. I GUESS I SHOULD SAY TOO THAT I AM 29, THE MAN THAT I HAD AN AFFAIR WITH IS 48. AND WE HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD CHILD. I AM WORRIED ABOUT THINGS LIKE IF HE STOPPED PAYING FOR THE POLICY AND ALSO WOULD HIS WIFE BE ABLE TO CONTEST IT AFTER HIS DEATH. ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

nextwife

It is actually possible to buy a Paid Up policy (it's discounted, too). If one is given a Paid up policy, and is named as the owner, there need not be any concern of beneficiary change or payment default.

Hubby could adopt the child, as the father would be willing, This would assure hubby his continued role as your child's daddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">