• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to legal representation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hz34

What is the name of your state? Florida
On October 21, 2005 my right ankle was casted to stop movement due to bunion. The cast was put on too tight. The cast was on 3 days. The mri showed my tibial tendon was bunched up and also I have documented by another Dr. that I have a compression injury. She proved this by injecting the nerve. I continue to have pain in the ankle, problems w/tibial tendon and heel. I have consulted an attorney and followed his advice to documenting syptoms. I started this back in November of 2003. The attorney tells me that my medical expenses are not great enough for him to represent me. I continue to have problems: I can not walk,run or stay on my feet as long as I use to and also experience problems when driving. The attorney told me that the statute was 2 years. Next month will be 2 years. I am contemplating going directly to the orthopedic and requesting that a claim be filed under his insurance. My concern is that my condition will get worse. What if there is more damage to the tibial tendon. I have many more details but mainly want to know what can I do? Can I represent myself? Thank you. Joanne Herrington

tigger22472

Anyone can represent themself but it is not likely that you could win a case such as this on your own or even with an attorney, especially seeing as the SOL is running out next month.

No one here on a message board could give you better advice than you have already received from an attorney. If your conditions have worsened since you last spoke to an attorney then seek another consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">