• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to the money that my health insurance saved the thrid party insurer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slimart01

I was recently a passenger in a vehicle accident. I went to the ER to get checked out and was released pretty quickly. I of course, incurred some medical bills. I gave the hospital my health ins. info. Many of the bills went to them and some didn't. The facility bill was $4069.00. However, my insurance company has contracts in place with the hospital and only had to pay 965.07 which is in subrogation to be reimbursed by the third party. My copay of 375 will also be paid by the third party. My question is, am I entitled to the money that my insurer saved the third party?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was recently a passenger in a vehicle accident. I went to the ER to get checked out and was released pretty quickly. I of course, incurred some medical bills. I gave the hospital my health ins. info. Many of the bills went to them and some didn't. The facility bill was $4069.00. However, my insurance company has contracts in place with the hospital and only had to pay 965.07 which is in subrogation to be reimbursed by the third party. My copay of 375 will also be paid by the third party. My question is, am I entitled to the money that my insurer saved the third party?
No. You didn't have to pay it, so you are not out that money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">