• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I exempt from the union contract/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mudhen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

Hello. I am employed as a baker (and manager)
in a small high-end supermarket chain. We are covered by a union contract and I am categorized as a "HEAD CLERK, GENERAL MERCHANDISING". I am paid a fixed amount for a forty hour week plus a 5(five) hour "overtime bonus" irrespective of the amount of overtime I work.There are times when I must work 15 to 20 days in a row to cover vacations, ( which management is fully aware of), and I have never,in 24 years on the job, received the hourly pay increases mandated by renewals of the union contract. I work full time on the floor and my "managerial" tasks are a minor part of my job. What ,if any are my rights here for recompense?
Thank you in advance for your time

mudhen

When you asked the union rep this question, what did he say?
As I am still employed and not in a position to endanger that, I have not contacted the union. Even an anonymous inquiry would be readily traced back to me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We have no way of knowing what your status is and cannot read your union contract from here.

commentator

If you believe that you would be fired by management for talking to your union rep, that's where you are completely wrong. In a union company, the representative is supposed to be the person you discuss work issues of this type with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">