• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in Trouble???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RanchLady

Oregon

I have friend that is ailling elderly Lady (She just went through a qudddruple heart surgery and then colan surgery.) She lives in Portland I live in Bend, where her 1909 house is at . She had it FSBO. didn't want to have realtors going in and out with out someone there. It does not have a bathroom, all utilies are shut off windows all boarded up looks abandoned.

She has had this developer calling her once a year asking to purchase. he even drove over to Portland uninvited and presented her with an offer. Then sent several more which she never sighned.

She asked me if I would help her sell her house by putting a sign out with my number as the contact number since she lives 180 miles away. She gave me the key to show inside. The minute the sign went up and before I got home I had 5 calls wanting to know the price. I called them each and said Mrs. R wants $76,000.00 as is. If you want to put an offer in.... Email it and I will forwared it to her. The developer (Buyer A) that had wanted for the past 2 years
He called he said he wanted to buy it and after she , Mrs R. verbally agrees to sell it to me for my price. I'll email the sales agreement and copy of Earnest money check. I called Mrs.R and she said ok have him send it. I called him back and said send it over. Well the price was what he said and he wanted 45 days to close which he never mentioned.

Then after I hung up a realtor (Buyer B) called said she wanted to put in an offer for $80,000.00 (she added her commision on the asking price.) and close in 30 days Then a third offer (Buyer C) e-mailed an offer for $80,000.00 No Commision close in 15 days.They all got sent over to Mrs. R. She rejected the first two. (A B) The devoloper( A) was fumming said he had a verbal agreement. I said I think you only had a verbal agreement to send your offer over, and I'm not the person who desides I'm the contact person and I'm only passing on information. I informed him by email the same morning he called that others were putting in offers. After his offer was rejected I E mailed him and said he could put in a reoffer as she had not signed any of the new offers yet. Never heard from him. But realtor (B) put in a new offer for $85,000.00 she took it. So (Buyer C) was rejected at that point. One last bit of information Mrs R signed these rejections after the offer date had expired.

I never presented my self as the owner or sales person only a friend helping anouther friend.
Am I in trouble? Could he sue either of us? or cause her trouble with the signed offer?

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

HomeGuru

RanchLady said:
Oregon

I have friend that is ailling elderly Lady (She just went through a qudddruple heart surgery and then colan surgery.) She lives in Portland I live in Bend, where her 1909 house is at . She had it FSBO. didn't want to have realtors going in and out with out someone there. It does not have a bathroom, all utilies are shut off windows all boarded up looks abandoned.

She has had this developer calling her once a year asking to purchase. he even drove over to Portland uninvited and presented her with an offer. Then sent several more which she never sighned.

She asked me if I would help her sell her house by putting a sign out with my number as the contact number since she lives 180 miles away. She gave me the key to show inside. The minute the sign went up and before I got home I had 5 calls wanting to know the price. I called them each and said Mrs. R wants $76,000.00 as is. If you want to put an offer in.... Email it and I will forwared it to her. The developer (Buyer A) that had wanted for the past 2 years
He called he said he wanted to buy it and after she , Mrs R. verbally agrees to sell it to me for my price. I'll email the sales agreement and copy of Earnest money check. I called Mrs.R and she said ok have him send it. I called him back and said send it over. Well the price was what he said and he wanted 45 days to close which he never mentioned.

Then after I hung up a realtor (Buyer B) called said she wanted to put in an offer for $80,000.00 (she added her commision on the asking price.) and close in 30 days Then a third offer (Buyer C) e-mailed an offer for $80,000.00 No Commision close in 15 days.They all got sent over to Mrs. R. She rejected the first two. (A B) The devoloper( A) was fumming said he had a verbal agreement. I said I think you only had a verbal agreement to send your offer over, and I'm not the person who desides I'm the contact person and I'm only passing on information. I informed him by email the same morning he called that others were putting in offers. After his offer was rejected I E mailed him and said he could put in a reoffer as she had not signed any of the new offers yet. Never heard from him. But realtor (B) put in a new offer for $85,000.00 she took it. So (Buyer C) was rejected at that point. One last bit of information Mrs R signed these rejections after the offer date had expired.

I never presented my self as the owner or sales person only a friend helping anouther friend.
Am I in trouble? Could he sue either of us? or cause her trouble with the signed offer?

Thanks for your time
**A: you were in violation of the state real estate licensing law.

HomeGuru

RanchLady said:
What can the state do? Or what can happen?

**A: you will be driven to Mt. Bachelor where you will be given one last look at the scenery and then taken to Smith Rock and thrown off the cliff.

RanchLady

I'm sure that Buyer A would like to do that personally.

I feel better already . I will be sure to recommend a realtor next time. That was alot of work. I didn't get a commission either....... nor did I want one.
just trying to help.

Thanks, and your right This area :) does have great scenery :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">