• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable past Ins. limmits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scottdailei

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Colorado

My daughter was driving my truck , hit black ice , wreaked and totaled my truck. She and he two friends with her were injured , one seriously. She was in the back , double cab , without her seat belt and was ejected .
My ins. limmits are 50,000 ea. injury , 100,000 ea . oc. Her injuries are going to by far exceed these limmits . These are our freinds and there will be no legal action by them, but could their health ins. company come after my personal assets to cover past what my ins. will pay and if so how can I protect myself.

Thanks Scott

Last edited:

JETX

"how can I protect myself."
*** Sorry, but the responsible members of this forum won't help anyone commit possible fraud.

ShyCat

You protect your assets with insurance. Lesser coverage means lower premiums and for that, you accepted greater financial risk. You rolled the cost/risk dice and lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">