• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lilly5

What is the name of your state? NH
I am a member of an Condo association that is consistant with a campground. We are a seasonal association which is open from May 1 thru Oct 31 yearly. We at present do not have any winter right to occupy our units. The members are presently trying to get approval from the town and association to have winter occupancy.
We at present only plow the main roads.. If we get winter occupancy and do not plow the side roads something were to happen on one of these unplowed roads and an ambulance could not get in would the association be liable? Do we need to plow all of the roads and have access to all 456 homes or can we continue to plow only the main roads.
Thanks for any help you can give me. As this answer could be the deciding factor as to which way I am going to vote.

Bigfoot

If these are considered private roads, then the association is responsible. If these are public roads, then the local governing body has responsibility. If the local (or state Dept. of Transportation) has responsibility, that's a reason why they won't want to have you open during the winter season-their liabilities and costs - especially if only one or a few families are requiring their services - and taking them from more populated areas.

HomeGuru

Lilly5 said:
What is the name of your state? NH
I am a member of an Condo association that is consistant with a campground. We are a seasonal association which is open from May 1 thru Oct 31 yearly. We at present do not have any winter right to occupy our units. The members are presently trying to get approval from the town and association to have winter occupancy.
We at present only plow the main roads.. If we get winter occupancy and do not plow the side roads something were to happen on one of these unplowed roads and an ambulance could not get in would the association be liable? Do we need to plow all of the roads and have access to all 456 homes or can we continue to plow only the main roads.
Thanks for any help you can give me. As this answer could be the deciding factor as to which way I am going to vote.
**A: where is the HOA attorney and why hasn't the attorney given a legal opinion with respect to these issues on behalf of the HOA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">