• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I responisble for expenses of neighbor's injury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krkb

texas; Our neighbor(28 year old male) plays basketball with our kids in our driveway. 2 wks ago, they went into the backyard of our home to play catch with a baseball. They both had ball gloves. Our son (7 yrs old) threw the ball to our adult neighbor from approx. 30-40 feet away. Our neighbor lost sight of the ball (he was facing the setting sun)and the ball hit him in the mouth. His teeth were knocked loose. He went to the dentist that night and his upper teeth were wired. Now, 3 weeks later, the wire is removed but the roots are damaged and his 2 front teeth will require root canal work. My son felt bad, however he did not intentionally or maliciously throw the ball. Please tell me what my legal responsiblities are.

ALawyer

I can't guess on Texas law on this, BUT I do suggest you notify your homeowners insurance company ASAP. It should pay any damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">