• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is currently a thread with no responses yet that has my little penguin appended as if I have a post in the thread.

Just Blue

Not sure that would help as we only see our own avatar superimposed on the OP's avatar and not the in between posters.

Like when I look down the list of threads I can tell which ones I've posted on but won't know who else (besides the OP) is in it until I open it.
Not sure that would help as we only see our own avatar superimposed on the OP's avatar and not the in between posters.

Like when I look down the list of threads I can tell which ones I've posted on but won't know who else (besides the OP) is in it until I open it.
I know...But I was just curious to what thread cbg was talking about.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's happening again. Threads which I have never even opened are appending my avatar, and my little penguin is appended to at least one thread that as of right now has no responses at all.

This is weird.

quincy

It's happening again. Threads which I have never even opened are appending my avatar, and my little penguin is appended to at least one thread that as of right now has no responses at all.

This is weird.
I might have figured it out.

Showing up in my "alerts" is the following tax thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/claiming-alternative-motor-vehicle-credit.653263/

I currently have no post in that thread BUT I made a "What is the name of your state?" post to that thread that I deleted when I saw Zigner had posted the same question at the same time and now I receive alerts whenever someone adds a post to it.

If you delete a post in a thread, or it is deleted for you for some reason, or you post in response to a poster who has added to an archived thread and that poster has a thread created for him by the moderator using his post, you are still connected to that poster and his thread and will be notified every time someone posts to it.

This might not be the answer to what you are experiencing but it is all I can figure out.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That might account for some of them, but there are threads that have my penguin appended (in my view, of course) that weren't even THERE the last time I was on the site; never opened the thread, never even saw the thread, but it shows I have a response in it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Example: the Transfer on Death (TOD) thread in Wills and Planning has my penguin appended (in my view). I have no knowledge of wills or estate planning and have never even opened the thread (still haven't).

quincy

Example: the Transfer on Death (TOD) thread in Wills and Planning has my penguin appended (in my view). I have no knowledge of wills or estate planning and have never even opened the thread (still haven't).
Okay. Odd.

Then I guess Blue's theory might be correct. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">