• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon just refunded my Extended Warranty without permission.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TurtleMan

Hello, my name is Angel and I am from Puerto Rico. So I was having problems with my laptop so I called the company from whom I purchased the extended warranty (Squaretrade) and they told me that the warranty was canceled/refunded. For me that was strange so I checked my emails. The warranty and laptop was purchased in December 2017 and the refund was given to me on January 2018. Amazon sent me an email before the refund saying that they canceled the refund and that the Warranty is still active on December 22, 2017. For some reason, they sent me the refund anyway I didn't notice that they refunded my extended warranty because I thought that everything was resolved. Must have been an error from Amazon. Now Amazon has literally has taken my option to use the extended warranty to send my laptop for repairs. What should I do?

TurtleMan

Pay for your own repairs. You know longer have a warranty.

Now you know. Pay more attention to your record keeping and don't assume anything.
In the SquareTrade extended warranty, it says "SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days." So even if I did pay attention I wouldn't be able to purchase the warranty because the deadline has already passed.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
In the SquareTrade extended warranty, it says "SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days." So even if I did pay attention I wouldn't be able to purchase the warranty because the deadline has already passed.
But had you been paying attention, Amazon would have been able to correct the error, and you would still have a warranty.

TurtleMan

But had you been paying attention, Amazon would have been able to correct the error, and you would still have a warranty.
Fortunately, after talking with them for almost an hour they saw that it was their mistake and they are going to accept the return of the laptop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">