• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon sent wrong item -- twice! -- and won't refund even though I returned both

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am from California. It I am living in Phoenix because I am going to GCU. I bought a electric longboard in fact a Boosted board because it seemed reputable because amazon fulfilled it. When I received the item, the box for the boosted board was all torn and a different electric longboard was sent, not a boosted board.

I was super blown away as my roommates were as well because it was in a Boosted board box. I called amazon and they said they would send me a replacement and all I had to do was send the other back.

About a week later I received the new board and the same thing happened AGAIN but this time a normal longboard was sent also in a Boosted box. Both seemed used so I presume the one selling the boards through amazon was sending used fake board in the Boosted box.

I called amazon again and they were really nice about it. They said send that one back and once they receive the item they can refund me my money. I dropped off my items at the UPS store on the 20th.

Come to find out today after Amazon has told me nothing, that after “investigation” they didn’t send a fake product and that they cannot issue me a refund and I will have to pay for the replacement as well. I do not know what to do as I have no board and can potentially be out 2000 dollars from this.

If you have any advice on what to do please let me know.

Thanks

CdwJava

Did you return the item within 30 days?

Did you buy it from Amazon or one of their partners (aka "third party seller")? Sometimes the same item can be eligible for Prime shipping and sold on Amazon.com, but it comes from a partner (third party) supplier and not from Amazon itself. If the item was provided by one of their partners, you would have to deal with the matter through that partner. If sold through a partner, you may be able to file an A-to-Z Claim from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889410

Yes I returned both items 6 days after I bought them! No if you search up boosted mini x on amazon I bought it from there. The bottoms said sold by amazon. This was not from a third party I asked when on the phone.

CdwJava

Yes I returned both items 6 days after I bought them! No if you search up boosted mini x on amazon I bought it from there. The bottoms said sold by amazon. This was not from a third party I asked when on the phone.
I asked because when I searched for Boost skateboards, many of them had options for third party sellers in addition to Amazon direct. I buy A LOT from Amazon and have accidentally ordered from partners quite a few times by accident.

About all you can do from here is work your way up through the food chain at Amazon. I don't suppose you took a picture of the item you pulled out of the box? They MAY think that YOU planted a bogus item in the box in an effort to swindle them out of the money. It might be hard to prove either way. And not knowing how that particular product is handled, I don't know how easy it is for boards to get put into the wrong box or not.

Good luck. It has to be frustrating.

It says below sold from amazon.com
Yes I have a picture of what they sent me when I opened it and offered to send. I am going to call them tomorrow and record the convo to see if I can use that if I need to file a bank claim. Is there anything I can say to amazon that will force them to help because today when I called they said that’s their final decision and they hung up literally.

CdwJava

Nothing you can say can FORCE them to do anything. Taking them to Small Claims Court may be an exercise in futility as well, but may be your only choice if their internal options do not come to a resolution. I'm surprised they are not at least agreeing to send you an/the item back since you did pay for it and returned it.

All I’m asking is for them to just refund the money because I did what they said. So there isn’t any things I could say on the phone. I talked to my bank and we filed a claim but I don’t know how promising that is.

I appreciate your help!

bcr229

All I’m asking is for them to just refund the money because I did what they said. So there isn’t any things I could say on the phone. I talked to my bank and we filed a claim but I don’t know how promising that is.

I appreciate your help!
Hopefully your bank will have your back. In the future I'd suggest using an American Express credit card rather than a bank debit card for large purchases like this. AmEx is great about protecting their customers with disputes like this one.

Also take a digital video of the unboxing. We also order expensive stuff from Amazon like photography equipment, as well as having live reptiles shipped to the house, and having a digital video of the condition of the item or critter as it comes out of the shipping box is a huge help if you have to file a dispute.

Thanks for the great response. I just turned 18 in June so getting a credit card right now I a lot. I took a picture of the boards that came in the box and it’s crazy. I just need to keep calling and try to work something out. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks

Parker

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">