• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amending a Complaint - Strikethroughs? [State Court - Colorado]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DarkoLight

When submitting an Amended Complaint (With a Motion for Leave), do I need to put strikethoughs through what's being removed and underlining what's being added?

Or can I just submit a new version?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This request is beyond the scope of this (or any) internet forum. We cannot give specific advice of the drafting of legal documents.

adjusterjack

It's about civil procedure. It is related. Whatever your litigation is about, please don't open any more threads. It's all the same topic.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And please remember that we can't answer this question for you as it crosses the line in to the unlawful practice of law.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
When submitting an Amended Complaint (With a Motion for Leave), do I need to put strikethoughs through what's being removed and underlining what's being added?

Or can I just submit a new version?
Let's start with a point that is not clear from your post: have you already gotten leave to amend, or are you filing the motion for leave to amend? You would not attach the amended complaint to the motion for leave to amend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">