• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amex is not reliable and frauds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mthompson30

I put money on this Amex card thinking money was safe later on that night I checked.My account and over $300 was gone.
I called immediately they canceled the card, a week went by an nothing I called but they said that doing the investigation they discovered that I authorized the transactions but I hadn’t authorized anything hadn’t bought anything they gave me $63 back and gave me a number that they called to verify the transaction but when I called this same number it was a cellphone number, I called Amex again and the lady told me they can no longer discuss the matter and hung up!! I don’t know what to do to get the rest of my money back?!?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I put money on this Amex card thinking money was safe later on that night I checked.My account and over $300 was gone.
I called immediately they canceled the card, a week went by an nothing I called but they said that doing the investigation they discovered that I authorized the transactions but I hadn’t authorized anything hadn’t bought anything they gave me $63 back and gave me a number that they called to verify the transaction but when I called this same number it was a cellphone number, I called Amex again and the lady told me they can no longer discuss the matter and hung up!! I don’t know what to do to get the rest of my money back?!?

What US state are you in, Mthompson?

xylene

Maybe you are being duped.

I suggest you look up the contact number on the internet and be PERSISTENT!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Have you tried contacting AMEX through their website? As in, use the number listed on their website, or email, or even chat?

I'm curious: what number did you call?

ShyCat

"5 Prepaid Debit Card Scams to Avoid"

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/5-prepaid-debit-card-scams-to-avoid/

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Have you tried contacting AMEX through their website? As in, use the number listed on their website, or email, or even chat?

I'm curious: what number did you call?[/QUOTE

Of course I tried the number on The Amex website, I have emailed them too.
The supposed company name is App Direct
The number was 415-852-3924

Wait... you said "Of course I tried the number on the AMEX website" but then you say you called a different number. The AMEX customer service number is a 1-800 number, not 415.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">