• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an old bill that didn't get paid.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

winkiedinkie

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? california\

On 12 29,2001 my son got burned from a floor heater. ( i have an old house ) He was seen by the emergency staff for about 4 days before he got moved to the burn center. The insurance that i had at the time told me the bills all had been paid. Now almost 3 years have gone by and they have yet to be paid. I have been sent to a collection and have been on it for 2 years now. Form 2001 to now 2003 i have been on the phone calling to get my name off. The insurance tells me its been paid and then i get the hospital telling me no. The insurance told me that the hospital sent in the bills 8 months late. They have a contract with the hospital that all bills be sent in a 180 days time frame. Some thing the hospital did not do. My question to you is should i have been sent to collection if the hospital was in the wrong? and do they the hospital have the right to send me to collection? i was told that by law they can't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">