• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An Old Life Insurance Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gramtimestwo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

My father bought an insurance policy on me when I was two years old (I suppose it was simply a burial policy just in case, as he bought one on each of us kids). I am now 55years old. How do I find out about this policy? The front of the policy states that it can be used in several ways and one is 'can be used for self at maturity'. The insurance agent is long retired and I cannot find The Equitable....the company from whom the policy was purchased. Did another company purchase The Equitable? Please advise.
Thanks.

Betty

Just for your info - if you can't locate a life ins. co., if you call the State Ins. Dept. in the state where the policy was *issued*, they can generally tell you what happened to the co. (ie who it was sold to/who took it over....)

However, in your case, Equitable is still around.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">