• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An update of sorts...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

Y'all, when I started posting here, Wild was 8, and Unruly was 5.

They are now (almost) 20 and 16.

Wild is taking her first pre-law finals today, and applying for early admission to law school in the fall.

Unruly is on track to be finished with higg school this year, and spend her senior year attending college full time, with an eye on vet school.

My husband has retired from the Army and is working as an Assistant Attorney General. We will start the adoption process for Twain early next year.

AND, I met with my ex in Nov. Our first face to face in ~6 years. We managed, in 90 minutes, to hash out an agreement that 4 attorneys hadn't gotten close to in 3 years of throwing money at them. It's awaiting the judge's signature.

So. To all you newbies out there - try to take the long view. My story is working towards a happy ending, but it had a horror show middle. It took a long time for my ex and I to get over ourselves, and it was ugly. We had to come very close to losing one of our children before we could be in the same room.

Don't do that. Take my word for it. Youe hurt feelings are irrelevant. Don't use your kids or your ex to prop you up on a pedesral of martyrdom.

It will be ok. And okay probably doesn't look anything like you thought it would.

LdiJ

Y'all, when I started posting here, Wild was 8, and Unruly was 5.

They are now (almost) 20 and 16.

Wild is taking her first pre-law finals today, and applying for early admission to law school in the fall.

Unruly is on track to be finished with higg school this year, and spend her senior year attending college full time, with an eye on vet school.

My husband has retired from the Army and is working as an Assistant Attorney General. We will start the adoption process for Twain early next year.

AND, I met with my ex in Nov. Our first face to face in ~6 years. We managed, in 90 minutes, to hash out an agreement that 4 attorneys hadn't gotten close to in 3 years of throwing money at them. It's awaiting the judge's signature.

So. To all you newbies out there - try to take the long view. My story is working towards a happy ending, but it had a horror show middle. It took a long time for my ex and I to get over ourselves, and it was ugly. We had to come very close to losing one of our children before we could be in the same room.

Don't do that. Take my word for it. Youe hurt feelings are irrelevant. Don't use your kids or your ex to prop you up on a pedesral of martyrdom.

It will be ok. And okay probably doesn't look anything like you thought it would.
Wow....20 and 16. How did I get so old, so fast!

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I think I'm only a couple of months older than Cjane sooo ...

Y'all are old.

We're still youngish.

:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">