• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anaheim California I want to refinance the mortgage out of a trust on the house I am currently living in.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The company I bank with will not give the title company the payoff. I have sent and faxed death cert and trust. They say they don't have my name on it
I have never been late or am I behind on payments. do I need to get a lawyer to write them a letter or what do I need to do. I have been stressing out about this for the past 3 months. I dont know if I can name company

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The company I bank with will not give the title company the payoff. I have sent and faxed death cert and trust. They say they don't have my name on it
I have never been late or am I behind on payments. do I need to get a lawyer to write them a letter or what do I need to do. I have been stressing out about this for the past 3 months. I dont know if I can name company
Do you have a copy of the trust document? If so, are you named in the trust as the beneficiary of the house? And if so, when does the trustee of the trust plan to distribute the home to you?

Yes I have copy of trust and in process of refinance bank and title company all done. Now I have sent over the death cert and trust to the company Rushmore Loan Management and they never seem to match it. The title company asked for pay off so I can get refinance done and they don't want to do it. Title company sent death cert and trust paperwork . They still wont speak to them . Do I need a lawyer if so would you know of any in Orange County California that would be able to help me with this head ache.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your were asked several specific questions. Only one asked if you have a copy of the trust. Please answer the remaining questions.

Do you have a copy of the trust document? Yes
If so, are you named in the trust as the beneficiary of the house? Yes
And if so, when does the trustee of the trust plan to distribute the home to you? Yes
Are you authorized to act by the trust? Yes

LdiJ

Do you have a copy of the trust document? Yes
If so, are you named in the trust as the beneficiary of the house? Yes
And if so, when does the trustee of the trust plan to distribute the home to you? Yes
Are you authorized to act by the trust? Yes
The third question, "And if so, when does the trustee of the trust plan to distribute the house to you, does NOT have a yes or no answer.

One of two things has to happen here. Either the trust sells the house and the trustee distributes the cash to you, or the trustee transfers the house to you and you sell it. It appears that you are personally trying to sell the house while its still in the trust, and that doesn't work.

quincy

The attorneys in Orange County should be able to provide answers to the questions Alfred has. The OCBA offers a free brief consultation to go over the legal issue and to discuss fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">