• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annonymous Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Because of extreme circumstances (My husband is psychotic and planning to kill the entire family) my children and I were forced to leave my husband and the state we were married and resided in about 2 1/2 years ago. Because I am in hiding and afraid to even let this man know my where abouts, I have not tried to file for a divorce even though I desperately want to. Is there a way I can divorce this man without even having to notify him at all? If so what do I need to do? I really can not risk this man finding me so if anyone can help at all please let me know. Thank you all in advance.




i don't know about anon. divorce, but i too had to get out
of a bad situation, had a protective order (which is a joke by the way) and have had to move several times. i do not live anywhere
in the same town, or state as he does anymore, but to throw him off, i did retain a lawyer in the city we lived in, and continue to use him to represent me, and take care of the divorce that way. if you have any way of getting an attorney in the state he is still in, that you had to flee with your kids, that would be my best advice. i did not want to be found because i have been stalked for the past 2 years now, and this arrangement with my lawyer has
worked out good.
good luck, please be careful. i do know what it's like looking over your shoulder every day. take care of you!


My mother was in a situation similar to yours. We are in South Carolina. She filed for a divorce. After a 1 year seperation she placed a ad in the news paper in the legal section about her divorce. The ad ran for 30 days and the courts gave her a divorce. He now ex husband was also a very mean person with alot of anger. He even broke her arm and hand in several places. The laws may be different in your state. Ask your attorney and look in your news paper ( in the legal section) to see if there are any other adds. Also in South Carolina we have a program called"Sister Care" it is a organization for women and their children that have to be protected. They put the in hiding and help them with everything. The police don't even know were they are . They have a phone # and when they need them they call, people come and get you and noone will ever know where you are. Maybe theres something like that in your state. I hope this helps.:)


Senior Member
My ex is a federally certified nut case. Near the end of the long drawn out 2 year divorce, I moved on the advice of my lawyer. All communications were made thru her and she accepted any court motions. Please do see a lawyer, most have free or low cost consults. It's time to let go of this nightmare!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential