• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annoying ad placement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I don't object to the site using ads, I know revenue needs to come from someplace. But lately the ads have not just been in a side bar or at the top/bottom of the page. Rather, the ads now are showing up right in the list of posts, bumping posts to right. This makes the forum post lists much harder to read as some posts are listed flush left and others are shoved right with the ad flush left. It also makes the page look very unattractive. I'd like to see those ads in a separate frame, perhaps in a bar on the right side of the page, rather than having the ads in the same frame as the list of posts.

quincy

I agree that the way the ads are placed now makes navigating the forum difficult and unpleasant and the large number of ads makes the forum appearance unattractive.

I also find that when using a mobile device, I wind up clicking on ads inadvertently. Most annoying.

quincy

I don't have AdBlock on my cell phone (although the computers I use do).

The ads are everywhere (top, bottom, right, left, and in the middle of threads).

Visitors to this site who have not blocked ads, especially if they are using a mobile device, could have difficulty navigating the site. Clicking on an ad by mistake because of the small screen is easy to do.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Hmmm. I normally use a VPN on my personal computers but I am at work now (and VPN-free) and I just saw a mid-screen ad for an attorney that was written in, what I believe to be, Polish!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">