• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annuities in a brokerage account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colgate72

What is the name of your state? MD

I have an annuity with American Skandia. I would like to manage it myself in a brokerage account. I'm looking for a brokerage that will allow me to trade without surrendering the annuity.

anteater

colgate72 said:
What is the name of your state? MD

I have an annuity with American Skandia. I would like to manage it myself in a brokerage account. I'm looking for a brokerage that will allow me to trade without surrendering the annuity.
You don't have any idea what you actuallly own, do you? Read the contract.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What type of annuity is it and how much is it worth? Is there some reason you are dissatisfied with the way American Skandia is handling it? Exactly what financial goals are you trying to achieve with this annuity?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Betty

Dandy Don said:
What type of annuity is it and how much is it worth? Is there some reason you are dissatisfied with the way American Skandia is handling it? Exactly what financial goals are you trying to achieve with this annuity?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])
Good questions!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">