• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annuity or Settlement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deannarae66

What is the name of your state? California
My friend got in a car accident in 1988 and she was three. She was told there was some kind of annuity put away for her. She is now 21 and wants to find out about it. Her mom is in prison and she has no information except the county of the accident. How can I find this annuity?:confused:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? California
My friend got in a car accident in 1988 and she was three. She was told there was some kind of annuity put away for her. She is now 21 and wants to find out about it. Her mom is in prison and she has no information except the county of the accident. How can I find this annuity?:confused:
Deanna, your questions about your annuity were answered here:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=343560

Dandy Don

From the response that was posted, she may not have known specifically that she needs to go to the police department to get records of the accident if she knows the approximate date it occurred. Since the records are so old it may take some time for them to be found but she also needs to ask that search be done using her name.

She may also want to look in the newspaper to see if the accident was mentioned in the newspaper.

It's great that this search is being done, but the fact that mother won't cooperate in providing information does not look very good--surely she knows something. I hope that this hasn't happened, but it is possible that the mother may have illegally cashed in the annuity prematurely to keep the money for herself, in which case daughter can sue to get mom to repay the money if that is what she wants to do.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">