• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment in WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VRS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

We married in December 2015. Two weeks after we married he dramatically changed. With time he stated that he withheld vital information about himself so I would marry him. I understand this to be fraud. I don't have evidence since it was done verbally. I endured every form of abuse except physical. I kicked him out May 14, 2017, I haven't heard from him since. Would my situation qualify for an annulment or would I have to do a divorce?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

We married in December 2015. Two weeks after we married he dramatically changed. With time he stated that he withheld vital information about himself so I would marry him. I understand this to be fraud. I don't have evidence since it was done verbally. I endured every form of abuse except physical. I kicked him out May 14, 2017, I haven't heard from him since. Would my situation qualify for an annulment or would I have to do a divorce?
Divorce is your option.

(You actually do need proof in order to qualify for annulment ... and besides, divorce is infinitely cheaper and faster)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

What information was withheld? It's important for determining whether an annulment is appropriate.

Of course, you could simply get divorced, then it doesn't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">