• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honeyupplez

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was married ten years ago. The only problem is that the ceremony was performed without a marriage licence. I was wondering about the validity of this marriage. My husband is a ordained minister and he tells me that our marriage is still legal. :confused:

LdiJ

honeyupplez said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was married ten years ago. The only problem is that the ceremony was performed without a marriage licence. I was wondering about the validity of this marriage. My husband is a ordained minister and he tells me that our marriage is still legal. :confused:
If there was no marriage license...the marriage isn't valid.

honeyupplez

I'm sorry. I didn't fully explain. Amarriage licence was obtained five days after the ceremony. The pastor that performed the wedding is also a notary so he notorized the licence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">