• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another bank account question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kopes

What is the name of your state? MN

Couple of questions. I have a bank account in a bank that I owe no money to and the bank is not involved in the BK. So, my account should be fine right? I have no savings account, 401K, or anything like that. I am a teacher, so I have pay that is automatically deducted every month from my paycheck and matched by my employer to go into a retirment account. This is mandatory and I have no access to the money until retirement. Do I need to do anything about this besides report it?

I am hoping to get some money back from a debt consolidation place before I file. The amount will be $990 and I plan on using this to pay my lawyer. What do I do about this money? Do I report it and explain that the lawyer payment came out of it?

Last question, does it matter how much money is in your account when you file? I'm asking because I get paid by direct deposit on the 20th of each month. I only get paid once a month. Does the timing have to be right here? I want to file in September and if I file after the 20th there is going to be a lot of money in that account. I don't know if I can get everything done to file before the 20th. I don't want to just withdraw a bunch of money either, because that looks fishy, doesn't it.

Sorry this got so long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">