• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Car Loan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ErinIndiana

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hi all. I just wanted to get your opinion on something. I reaffirmed on my current vehicle. I will still continue to make payments for two more years. However, since we are expecting I would like to get a mini-van. I am not going to trade in my car. We can afford another car payment, but I am not sure how easy it is to obtain a car loan right after receiving discharge. I have not received my discharge papers yet,I have about 30 more days to wait. Do any of you have experience with this? I really don't have the extra cash for a down payment, is that normally required with people just out of BK? Will the interest rate be over 19%??? Just trying to get an idea.Thanks for your help!

Erin

P

planner

BUY USED.

With no down payment expect to pay 16%-19% finance over 12-24 months. Some dealers are more bankruptcy friendly than others.

Don't fall into the car trap (always being upside down) again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">