• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another disclosure question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LisaMarie13

I'm in Minnesota. We just bought a house 2 months ago from a guy who never actually lived in the house, he bought it (I think from the bank but I'm not sure) in order to fix it up and resell it. We just bought a new washing machine, and during the very first load last night when it started to drain we found out the floor drain in the basement is completely clogged. Even more, when you flush the toilet it backs up. Would the previous owner be liable for this at all? I'm sure if he had lived here he would have had to have known about it, but how can we prove he knew about it if he never lived here?

HomeGuru

LisaMarie13 said:
I'm in Minnesota. We just bought a house 2 months ago from a guy who never actually lived in the house, he bought it (I think from the bank but I'm not sure) in order to fix it up and resell it. We just bought a new washing machine, and during the very first load last night when it started to drain we found out the floor drain in the basement is completely clogged. Even more, when you flush the toilet it backs up. Would the previous owner be liable for this at all? I'm sure if he had lived here he would have had to have known about it, but how can we prove he knew about it if he never lived here?

**A: what did your home inspector say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">