• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another.. Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Michigan and Indiana

Again another thing that takes place on the soil of two states. My son has lived with my father and his wife since he was 6 months old, he will be 3 in Febuary. At the time he came to Michigan I was living in SC and I was having a really hard time with money and all of that stuff, so my parents offered to take him. I moved to Michigan not to long later but I was in school and my insurance was too expensive. So they got guardianship of him so I could finish school. Things change and life happens and I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I dropped out of school and moved to Indiana. (I'm like an hour from where my son lives). I'd like to know what my chances of ever getting my son back are. The lady in Michigan said that guardianship wasn't my parental rights being taken away but a suspension of them.. but she wouldn't help past that (I'm sure she couldn't). Anyways, I've been seeing my son weekly up until a few weeks ago, I've go to every other weekend because if I get him every week my dad only lets me keep him oneday.. if I get him every other weekend I get him for three days, I can do more with him this way. I have a decent job now, I started about a month and a half ago I work from home at night answering phones for alpine access, so I get to be home with the kids all day.. i have all day on the weekend off, we go to church. Cash gets tight sometimes and I do have to borrow money from people from time to time.. Is there any chance of me getting my son back? Which state do I file through? Help please!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is it guardianship or custody? If guardianship that is temporary and you may be able to revoke it and take your son.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Then revoke it. If you voluntarily gave him guardianship then you should be able to revoke it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">