• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



*Living in CA

*Child support was recentley ordered of a payment of 153 a month.

*I found out that the child support was based upon my ex's 2000 tax returns, when he was working part-time.

*My ex is now at a different job, working full time and making substantionally more money.

Question is this:
Does that justify a modifaction? I very recently (at the beginning of this month) signed the papers agreeing to only 153 dollars a month in child support. This was before I knew that they based amount of money on my ex's 2000 tax returns. Even though I agreed to the amount only a few weeks ago, can I go request to get it modified?



As far as I know, you can modify child support as much as needed. Whether costs of living increase or decrease, change of job, loss of job, etc...
I would go for it, demonstrate your perspective on it, and the courts will understand. In most cases that I have knowledge of, modifications are simple and all you need is a little proof. If they pull up his employment status and check stubs, they will see he is capable of paying what he should.
Always consult an attorney and check with your CSE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential