• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Step issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state?NC

I have been on here a long time. I have been through the custody battle with my husband. I stuck by him so that he could see his children. I did all the leg work and worrying.

Now 7 yrs into my marriage with 3 stepchildren, my husband has left....

Where does that leave me in regards to these kids I raised as my own---you all know NO WHERE

By the grace of God, bm realizes I still need to be a semi part of these kids lifes and lets them come over but usually only to pick up something else (husband has yet to come get any of his or the kids stuff). I just want to post a warning so to speak to other stepparents out there.....getting close is a GREAT thing but then losing them is NOT.

BTW my husband is not as stable as he should be right now and has my 14 yr old SS living with him fulltime. Image this kid in a home where who knows what is going on--drinking, maybe drugs, women.......It scares me to death and the 2 younger girls spend most of "husband's" weekends with realtives. I worry if something happens to bm, that he will not be able to care for them fulltime like they need to be (husband was working 12-14 hrs a day, don't know if that is how it is now?). Kids are alone too much time as it is.

So be careful how close you get with those kids and DON'T burn any bridges, cause you never know which or whom's bridges you might have to cross again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">