• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another vacation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donniej

What is the name of your state? California
I believe my employer is going to terminate me. I have 50hrs vacation time. Will i recieve my vacation since i am getting the shaft?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
California law requires that regardless of the reason your employment ends, all accrued but unused vacation time must be paid at termination. Keep in mind that this does not necessarily mean all the time you would have accrued if you remained with the company till the end of the year. Whether this means the entire 50 hours or not will depend on the employer's accrual policy.

mlane58

What is the name of your state? California
I believe my employer is going to terminate me. I have 50hrs vacation time. Will i recieve my vacation since i am getting the shaft?
Under California law, unless otherwise stipulated by a collective bargaining agreement, whenever the employment relationship ends, for any reason whatsoever, and the employee has not used all of his or her earned and accrued vacation, the employer must pay the employee at his or her final rate of pay for all of his or her earned and accrued and unused vacation days. Labor Code Section 227.3. Because paid vacation benefits are considered wages, such pay must be included in the employee’s final paycheck.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A fair percentage of states require the payout of vacation at termination. Your PA does not happen to be one of them, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">