• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Answering a Subpeona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i am a real estate agent in southern calif. i am being sued and have been served a subpeona as a defendant. i have 30 days to answer complaint. my question is, to properly answer the complaint i picked up a (2) page general denial form from the courthouse. is this the correct and only form that I need to use?


Senior Member
No, this is serious and you should not be representing yourself. You need an attorney to file a response before the deadline. Give a copy of the document to your principal broker and ask for help.


At this point, my broker and I will be representing ourselves, at least in aswering the complaint. My question once again, is a General Denial the proper form to correctly respond to the complaint?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential