• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

answers about answering a custody suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?
My boyfriend is the father of our two children. We are having problems and to be spiteful he is sueing me for joint custody, child support and medical coverage for our kids. I do not have the money to file an answer and i have now defaulted because of it. he says he will not take any further action with the claim because we are trying to work things out. how much time does he have before the case is dropped by the court? he also never responded that i had been served. is there any thing that i can do at this point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential