• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ants for breakfast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barbara6

After finishing breakfast at a popular restaurant my family and I noticed ants in our plates. We immediately informed the waitress and she said the same thing had happened the previous day. I asked for a manager. The manager said that she was not notified of the ant problem (negligence. We were not charged for the breakfast. 1/2 hour after leaving I became sick. I went back to the restaurant and requested a copy of my receipt. I was given a incident report to complete & a copy of the receipt that said that there were ants in the syrup all over. I filed a complaint woth the health department. I have been unable to sleep or even think about eating out. I become sick to my stomach whenever I am near the restaurant which is often. My doctor said there is no internal damage however the emotional damage is another issue. The restaurants insurance company has contacted me and asked me how much I want. I feel that they should offer me an amount. Can you tell me what is a reasonable amount to expect or request. I am tempted to inform the media so that this won't happen to someone else because this was not an isolated incident. Please advise.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barbara6:
After finishing breakfast at a popular restaurant my family and I noticed ants in our plates. We immediately informed the waitress and she said the same thing had happened the previous day. I asked for a manager. The manager said that she was not notified of the ant problem (negligence. We were not charged for the breakfast. 1/2 hour after leaving I became sick. I went back to the restaurant and requested a copy of my receipt. I was given a incident report to complete & a copy of the receipt that said that there were ants in the syrup all over. I filed a complaint woth the health department. I have been unable to sleep or even think about eating out. I become sick to my stomach whenever I am near the restaurant which is often. My doctor said there is no internal damage however the emotional damage is another issue. The restaurants insurance company has contacted me and asked me how much I want. I feel that they should offer me an amount. Can you tell me what is a reasonable amount to expect or request. I am tempted to inform the media so that this won't happen to someone else because this was not an isolated incident. Please advise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Can you tell us what your total "out of pocket" monetary damages are up to this date?

What State did this happen?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

B

barbara6

My insurance covered my doctors visit and the incident happened in California. Why is it that I have to have incurred some type of dept. My damage is emotional, theirs was negligence.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barbara6:
My insurance covered my doctors visit and the incident happened in California. Why is it that I have to have incurred some type of dept. My damage is emotional, theirs was negligence.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You're absolutely correct. See a psychiatrist and an attorney.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

D

daveyo

How is it that you can eat a whole breakfast and not discover the ants until you are finished? A little extra protien isn't going to hurt you. Stop watching all those horror movies and news magazines! You'd be even sicker and more surprised if you knew what the government allows food manufacturers to legally put into their products. You've been eating a lot more than ants for a long time now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">