• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anxiety- Deployment/ Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dequeendistress

Have your parents finish your battle at home for you, since you don't fulfill your obligations when it gets tough, you get going. (In the wrong direction)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
twoodstock66 said:
Is it because I am a man?
Oh please. It has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with the fact that your life is under the control of the US Military. A civil court cannot order the military to release you from your obligation.

T

twoodstock66

Well again I've fallen into the realm of debate, instead of just a simple answer. I thought I was dealing with individuals that knew the importance of what is right and wrong, but apparently I'm WRONG, so Stealth is correct. I have yet to find the correct avenue. So in the future please realize that your children are the most important regardless to anybody's useless opinion. I've wasted my time on this board.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

twoodstock66 said:
I don't see Liable writing anymore, what happened?

======================================

My response:

Let me make myself PERFECTLY clear - -

I don't care about your personal problems. I don't care about your excuses. I don't care about your "past". You're not the only G.I. with a "story" and a "problem". I only care about "now" and "what you have done for the country lately."

You took, and sponged off of, our tax dollars for your pay, your training, and benefits. Now, you're going east, and you're going to EARN my tax dollars. I didn't PAY my tax dollars to have you trained and prepared for NOTHING!

You make your own personal arrangements and sacrifices for YOUR family. That's NOT my problem. It's your problem. I don't care where your daughter goes while you're gone to Iraq. But, you're going to hold that gun, and you're going to fight. I'm going to get my tax dollar's money's worth from you.

The bigger picture is that you're going, and you're going to the front lines, my friend. You may get shot. You may get killed. But you knew that going in, and that's what I, as a taxpayer, expect and demand from you.

If I could "bitch slap" you, like that cowardly soldier in WWII, I would. You deserve it.

IAAL

Last edited:
F

FJ1200guy

Can you do the Mom thing again? You said you made arrangements before, is it possible to do this again? Also, have you looked into the options you have through the Guard? No one in here will be able to tell you more about a hardship discharge than your legal office there, I'd think.

How much of your situation does your ex know? I sure wouldn't give her reason to start court proceedings... if she doesn't know anything, all the better, right?

What sort of deployment will this be?

Listen... I'm going to help you out with this legal site. What you do is post your question... and then ignore any info you don't need. WAY less stressful that way. LOL You know we don't know you, so why let what we (they) say bother you? If you stick around here, sooner or later someone will give you an idea. :)

Have you seen that mother in the news lately that refused to be deployed? NOT saying that it will do you any good, but a point of interest.

Take care, go talk to legal, get the paperwork started. OR get your deal with Mom set up again, and don't sweat what the ex will do (you can't control that anyways, right?) okay?

later, Lyle

T

twoodstock66

Thank you Guy, out of all the immature idiots that were responding, I'm grateful a normal individual actually responded. I did try to get my mother to take my daughter while I was overseas, (the power of attorney should have covered it, but it didn't) this is how this perdictament came to pass. I was getting all my legal matters resolved before being deployed. Again, I tried to explain that I was willing to deploy with my unit until a Jag Officer informed me that my parents have NO legal standing to protect her against my ex getting her back while I'm deployed. And if I knew there was no danger to my daughter, even then I would miss her, but if I knew she was going to be okay, then I wouldn't be worried about losing her, as long as she is safe. I am proud to serve my country, but to what sacrifice? My daughter's life is at stake. Thank you for understanding Lyle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

twoodstock66 said:
Thank you Guy, out of all the immature idiots that were responding, I'm grateful a normal individual actually responded.

====================================

My response:

I guess I'm one of those "immature idiots" you speak of. But, I take it with a grain of salt, because it's obvious that you said that because I didn't agree with you.

Tough crap!

Even if you have to come back in a flag-draped coffin, you're going - - no matter what.

I want my money's worth out of you. When you go, remember what I've said to you here, and try not to be that sniveling little coward from WW II.

IAAL

F

FJ1200guy

LOL... I don't know about that "normal" part...

Okay so the Jag guy says your folks have no legal standing, right? Now what makes you think your ex will go after the daughter, has she told you that? I mean, I'm asking because you had mentioned she didn't have legal representation at one time... I assume because of financial reasons? Is it likely she'll get an attorney now to get the daughter?

TLWE

As a former military spouse who's husband was deployed during the first Gulf War, back to the Middle East in 94, Bosnia, and was gone to the field all of the time...I have no sympathy for deployment, period. Military life is voluntary and anyone who signs the dotted line has a job to do. Military life=Suck it up and move on.

That being said...what I am not understanding is: do you have legal and physical custody of your biological daughter? If you do, then it makes no sense that you would be told you will lose custody of your daughter. Unless they just up and changed the rules, it is mandatory for single parents to have a Family Care Plan. You would have had to fill one of these out when you were activated, processed in and updated your shots, will, etc.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I think this idiot is beyond being a selfish coward. There are other brave soldiers who have family problems, and some with worse problems. They went anyway. Some of them have even died, or are coming back badly wounded, both bodily and emotionally.

But, our writer doesn't give a damn about other people's problems and the sacrifices they have made. He only cares about HIS situation.

Oh, you're going over there pal, and you're going to fight and do your job. And should it be that you don't come back in the same condition as when you left, then that's the way it goes.

But, you're going nonetheless, and you're going to where the action is.

Your life is mine - - I paid for it!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"you Goddamned whimpering coward."

Lt. Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., entered the receiving tent and spoke to all the injured men. The next patient was sitting huddled up and shivering. When asked what his trouble was, the man replied, "It's my nerves," and he began to sob. The General then screamed at him, "What did you say?" The man replied, "It's my nerves, I can't stand the shelling anymore." He was still sobbing.

The General then yelled at him, "Your nerves, hell; you are just a Goddamned coward, you yellow son of a bitch." He then slapped the man and said, "Shut up that Goddamned crying. I won't have these brave men here who have been shot at seeing a yellow son-of-a-bitch sitting here crying."

He then struck the man again, knocking his helmet liner off and into the next tent. He then turned to the admitting officer and yelled, "Don't admit this yellow son-of-a-bitch; there's nothing the matter with him. I won't have the hospitals cluttered up with these sons of bitches who haven't got the guts to fight."

He then turned to the man again, who was managing to sit at attention though shaking all over and said, "You're going back to the front lines and you may get shot and killed, but you're going to fight. If you don't, I'll stand you up against a wall and have a firing squad kill you on purpose. In fact," he said, reaching for his pistol, "I ought to shoot you myself, you Goddamned whimpering coward."

TLWE

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I think this idiot is beyond being a selfish coward.

IAAL
Sure does look that way! I asked the OP a legitimate question......but got no answer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TLWE said:
Sure does look that way! I asked the OP a legitimate question......but got no answer.

My response:

Don't hold your breath. Cowards typically look for escape routes, and are not "into" answering questions - - especially this idiot because the more he answers, the deeper in crap he gets.

IAAL

The It

If you are asking how to get out of the military, just smoke lots of pot (judging by your user name, this is not a novel idea).

If you want to keep your daughter, contact legal aid or another attorney and have Mom act on your behalf when you are deployed.

As far as IAAL being an idiot, I served under a Lt. Cdr. who would have taken a bullet for anyone in our outfit, but would have drowned anyone who would not have taken a bullet for him. I think he's been there and knows life and death balances on a thread of courage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">