• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any options here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeblow2

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Well, I goofed. I was pulled over for speeding a few months back, and arrested on outstanding warrents. These outstanding warrents were incorrect, and while fighting them (and winning/losing...a long story) I completly forgot about the reason I was pulled over in the first palce! I forgot to pay the ticket. I live in Southwest Colorado, and was ticketed by the State Patrol. I was to send the payment to Denver. Is there anyway I can clear this up, as far as just paying the ticket, and avoiding court? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Son of Slam

joeblow2 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

Well, I goofed. I was pulled over for speeding a few months back, and arrested on outstanding warrents. These outstanding warrents were incorrect, and while fighting them (and winning/losing...a long story) I completly forgot about the reason I was pulled over in the first palce! I forgot to pay the ticket. I live in Southwest Colorado, and was ticketed by the State Patrol. I was to send the payment to Denver. Is there anyway I can clear this up, as far as just paying the ticket, and avoiding court? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
If you had a notice to appear in court (in lue of mailing in the fine) and did not, a bench warrant was most likely filed for your arrest. If so, you WILL be booked eventually. Best to show up on your own time with bail money, before your next meeting with an officer of the law.

B

BillyBG

Have you tried calling the court, explaining your situation, and asking what your options are?

J

joeblow2

HomeGuru said:
Go directly to jail.
Do not pass Go.
Do not collect $200.
:D Nice.

I am planning on calling the courthouse. I just wanted to know what my options are first. I assumed a bench warrent was issued. I was just hopeing I could find some suggestions before I called. I live in a small town, and they go out of their way to make everything as difficult as possible. Oh, well. I should have paid more attention, so I guess thats what I get, eh? Anyways thanks for the time, and suggestions folks.

J

joeblow2

Trust me. In person means handcuffs. I'm not going to jail over this. I had to dodge them for 3 years while I worked out some issues with the authorities here. After they realized they made a mistake, everything was cleared up. Thus I never had to go to jail over it. If need be, I'll do it again, although this time I really did screw up. Hopefuly they'll give me some options, besides jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">