• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any suggestions on ncp missing cs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? dc

my ex and i have a temporary order right now. the visitation schedule is going well even though we dont get along. hes always been late with cs, but this time he didnt pay it altogether. we go to court very soon. I am wondering should I file contempt, write and FYI to the court, or just wait to bring it up? I would call him and remind him but he will make it an arguement as he did before when i tried to remind him of being late.

OhReally?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? dc

my ex and i have a temporary order right now. the visitation schedule is going well even though we dont get along. hes always been late with cs, but this time he didnt pay it altogether.
Who is collecting the CS? CSEA or he is sending it to you directly? What is "didn't pay altogether"? When was the last time you received CS?

I am wondering should I file contempt, write and FYI to the court, or just wait to bring it up? .
An "FYI to the Court"?? They'll throw it in the trash. Please answer my question because you won't be able to get a helpful answer until then.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Amend the order for him to pay thru CSE. By him paying you directly, you will have to file the motions for contempt. It really is much easier on all parties to use CSE. There is NO dispute if the payment was made, or not.

The way you have it set up where he gives you the money when he picks up the child makes it seem like there has to be an admission ticket paid to see the child. Appearances may be hurting the issue here.

My apologies

I apologize to all. I did get an answer before. To log in the payment dates and wait until court to bring up any missed payments. Thanks for bringing that up OG. I went back and checked my other posts not realized I asked before.

I have another question. Is it better to go through CSEA rather than direct payment? What are the good and bads?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It is better to go through CSEA as they keep track of arrearages and payments and can seize income tax refunds and what not which you cannot personally do. The bad is there may be a slight delay in getting the child support payment. But you should go through CSEA.

TinkerBelleLuvr

There could be a charge made by CSE to process the money. Depending on the state/district, it is sometimes charged to the NCP, other times, charged to the CP. But in comparison to the cost of a lawyer, it is a bargain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">